We're happy you're considering St. Francis Catholic School for your child!
If you're ready to apply, we'll be gathering this information and following these procedures:
- Visit/Tour: All prospective families are encouraged to tour the school and/or attend one of our admission activities.
- Meet & Greet with the Principal: Parents and students requesting a transfer to SFCS are required to have a meeting with the Principal.
- Application for Admission: Applications must be completed in full and submitted to the school registrar.
- Registration Fee: A Registration Fee of $100.00 per child is due when the application is submitted. This fee covers administrative costs, is non-refundable and does not, in the case of acceptance, apply toward tuition.
- Academic Screening: A brief screening play-session will be scheduled to students applying for the Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten program. An academic screening will be scheduled for students applying for 1st through 8th Grade.
- Records Transfer Request Form: A RecordsTransfer Request Form must be signed by aParent/Guardian for any student applying for grades one through eight. This form will befaxed to the school that the student was previously enrolled in.
- Parish Verification Form: To be eligible for the “Parishioner Rate” the parent(s) of the student(s) must be active parishioners of St. Francis by the Sea and/or Holy Family Catholic Church. The active parishioner status will be verified with a completed Parish Verification Form at the time of initial acceptance.
- Birth Certificate: A copy of the child’s birth certificate must be provided.
- Baptism Certificate (Catholic Only): A copy of a Baptism Certificate is required. Please inform the School Registrar if your child was baptized at St. Francis by the Sea Catholic Church.
- Immunization Record: The most current copy of your child’s South Carolina Immunization Certificate must be provided.
- Financial Aid: Applications for Financial Aid are handled separately from Applications for Admission. Financial Aid is available only to the children of active parishioners of St. Francis by the Sea Catholic Church or Holy Family Catholic Church. Children must be accepted to SFCS in order to apply for Financial Aid.
- Divorced or Separated Parents: Divorced or separated parents must provide a copy of the custody section of the divorce decree with the school office. The school must have a copy of any court order involving a school child in matters of custody and contact.